In these Rules, Individual Information refers to, from among the information listed below, information regarding to an individual and that can be used to identify an individual (This shall be regardless of whether it can identify a specific individual. Additionally, this includes information that will allow easy reference to other information and will thereby enable the identification of a specific individual.). Personal Information shall refer to information, from among Individual Information, either of the following types of information about individuals to be acquired.
① Information which can be used to identify that specific individual due to its inclusion of a name, date of birth, or other such information (meaning any matter described or recorded, or expressed by voice, in movement or using other methods in writing, drawing or electromagnetic record (meaning a record which is created in electromagnetic form (meaning electronic form, magnetic form or any other form that cannot be perceived by the human senses)) (excluding the personal identification code set forth in the Personal Information Protection Act)) (this includes any information that can be cross-checked against other information and thereby used to identify that specific individual)
② Information containing the personal identification code set forth in the Personal Information Protection Act
Hakuba Village shall acquire the information listed below (hereinafter collectively known as 'Acquired Information') through the provision of this Service. The Acquired Information which falls under the list in clause (1) and (2) will be sent to the server of NAVITIME JAPAN Co., Ltd., the contractor of the Hakuba Village, and be used within the scope of purpose defined in these Rules.
(1) Information Automatically Acquired through this Service
1 Information related to the User's history of use of this Service
(Functions used, time and date used (time stamps) etc.)
2 Information related to the User's device
(Device type, OS, language used on device, browser type, device-specific ID etc.)
3 Information through Cookies
(IP address, history of visits to this Service etc.)
4 Location information determined through the GPS function
(2) The information gained via the survey for this Service(nationality, age, gender, purpose of visit to Hakuba, number of visits to Hakuba etc.)
(3) Information Obtained through Inquiries etc.(Name, telephone number, e-mail address, details of inquiry etc.)
Hakuba Village will use Individual Information for the following purposes:
(1) Business related to the provision of this Service;(2) Business related to the improvement of the convenience of this Service;(3) Business related to the study of the development of new services;(4) Business related to responding to inquiries and consultations;(5) Business related to the distribution of advertisement;(6) Business related to the preparation and submission of statistical documentation (documentation that cannot be used to identify a specific individual);(7) Business related to the protection of privacy;(8) Business related to making contact with an individual when necessary to protect life, physical health or property;(9) Business related to the surveying/analyzing foreign tourists visiting Japan;(10) Provision of Acquired Information to third parties set forth in paragraph 4“Provision of Personal Information to Third Party” clause (2).
(1) In principle, Hakuba Village shall not provide the user's Personal Information to third parties. However, this shall not apply in the following circumstances:
1 Should the user provide consent;
2 Should the handling of the Individual Information be consigned, in part or in whole, to a third party, in accordance with paragraph 5 below (Outsourcing the Handling of Acquired Information);
3 Should the provision of the Individual Information accompany the succession of the business due to a merger or other reason;4 Should the provision of the Individual Information be authorized by law, or should the provision be mandated by law or court judgment.
(2) Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding item, Hakuba Village shall provide the information described under clause (1) and (2) of paragraph 2 “Information to be Acquired” to the following third parties for the following objectives:
The third parties below will conduct a survey regarding the trends of users of this Service, and create/analyze data that cannot be used to identify a specific individual.
KDDI CORPORATIONbravesoft inc
The user agrees that the user's Acquired Information will be handled by Hakuba Village within the applicable scope of the laws of Japan and in accordance with the laws of Japan, Hakuba Village Ordinance for the Protection of Personal Information and these Rules. Additionally, the user understands and consents to the possibility that the extent of protection of their Acquired Information through the laws of Japan, Hakuba Village Ordinance for the Protection of Personal Information and these Rules may be less effective than the laws of the user's country.
Hakuba Village may outsource the handling, in part or in whole, of the Acquired Information. However, such outsourcing of the Individual Information shall be undertaken only within the scope necessary to accomplish the purpose of use provided for in paragraph 3 (Purpose of Use of Individual Information).
The following information collection modules are used to analyze access and use conditions of this Service. These information collection modules collect information regarding the use of this Service in a way that it does not identify a specific individual, and the collected information will not be used to identify the user.
Users who are minors under the age of 13 cannot use this Service. If you believe that Hakuba Village is retaining information of a minor below the age of 13, please contact the Personal Information Protection Desk indicated in paragraph 13 (Inquiries Regarding Acquired Information).
(1) Hakuba Village responds to the following requests made by the user or the user's representative regarding the user's Personal Information, within the scope provided as mandatory for Hakuba Village under the Act on the Protection of Personal Information in Japan. Please direct inquiries to the Desk in paragraph 13 (Inquiries Regarding Acquired Information). A fee corresponding to the actual costs will be charged for each request.
1 Notification of purpose of use2 Disclosure3 Revisions, additions or deletion4 Suspension of use, deletion or suspension of provision to a third party
(2) Notwithstanding the preceding paragraph, should Hakuba Village recognize the following requests made by the user is reasonable, Hakuba Village shall respond to such request. Please direct inquiries regarding these requests to the Desk in paragraph 13 (Inquiries Regarding Acquired Information). A fee corresponding to the actual costs will be charged for each request.
1 Request for the issuance of the user's Individual Information retained by Hakuba Village2 Request for revision when the user's Individual Information retained by Hakuba Village is inaccurate3 Request for deletion of the user's Individual Information retained by Hakuba Village
If the user does not wish to provide Hakuba Village with Acquired Information, please uninstall the application.
Regarding the handling of Individual Information, Hakuba Village sets forth regulations based on the laws and guidelines stipulated by the Japanese government, makes these rules well-known among its employees, and takes safe management/preventative measures.Should the user discontinue the use of this Service, the Personal Information provided by the user will be appropriately deleted/destroyed based on the regulations of Hakuba Village.In addition, should the user wish to have the Personal Information they provided to Hakuba Village updated, Hakuba Village will make efforts to promptly respond to such request. However, we may refuse to respond to a request if it has been repeatedly made without justifiable cause, or the request requires excessive technological burden (such as the deletion of the data from the backed-up data).
These Rules are subject to revision at the discretion of Hakuba Village for reasons such as to respond to the law or government guidelines etc. Such revisions shall become valid at the time the revised Rules have been posted on this website. However, should there be a major revision that will have a significant impact on the users, a reasonable notification period will be set in advance, users will be notified in an easy-to-understand way through this Service, and the revised Rules will be posted to this website. In such case, after the notification period has passed, the revised Rules shall be considered valid.
User inquiries regarding Acquired Information are handled at the Personal Information Protection Desk provided below.